Peer Insight is on the lookout for a Design Strategist to join our Washington, DC office who will help uncover customer insights and represent research findings to our clients. You are an eager learner who is excited by solving complex challenges and has an innate curiosity for what makes people tick. You have a knack of taking large amounts of information and structuring it in a way that’s easy to understand. You will have an immediate impact in influencing innovation decisions for our clients, all, of
What you’ll do
- Conduct market research across various industries, quickly getting up to speed on key trends and challenges and sharing implications with client teams
- Support and collaborate with the lead Design Strategist on projects
- Work alongside your team to conduct ethnographic research with customers in various industries and geographies, supporting the design of discussion guides, observing, and leading interviews
- Brainstorm and ideate concepts alongside client teams in workshops
- Prototype and co-create concepts with customers through testing key assumptions
- Synthesize and visualize research insights in an easily understandable manner
- Facilitate discussion in interactive working sessions with client teams
What we’re looking for
- At least 1 project experience designing and conducting ethnographic research, and the ability to organize, interpret, distill and present research findings in a consulting or corporate environment, or the equivalent education and experience
- Firm grasp of how research guides and inspires the innovation process (with a specific interest in improving and designing new experiences)
- A collaborative, “Yes And” attitude with a wide variety of creative and analytical professionals
- A natural self-starter, who is eager to take on challenges and doesn’t shy from ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- Willingness to experiment with new approaches and iterate quickly
- Ability to navigate confidently between the worlds of design and business, in some cases, across multiple projects
- The strongest candidates will have an established toolkit including design methods, project management skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- We strive to recruit a group of unique individuals, not a homogenous pack, but our team members tend to share these attributes: curiosity, pperceptiveness, optimism, gutsiness, entrepreneurialism, discernment, passion, persistence, and adaptiveness.
Our benefits package includes covering the entire premium (plus partial coverage for dependents) of an excellent PPO health care plan, including vision and dental, a 401(k) retirement savings plan with firm matching, short and long term disability coverage, and a monthly stipend for your commute & cell phone. Ensuring we have space to nurture our whole selves, we give every employee paid annual vacation days, personal days, sick leave, and federal holidays.
We strongly believe in the development of our teammates, so we provide an annual budget to spend on a learning activity of your choice (e.g., buy books, attend conferences, enroll in online courses, finance a pro-bono consulting trip, and more!).
Peer Insight is an innovation consulting firm based in Washington, DC and San Francisco, CA that helps organizations ignite growth by uniting design, business, and entrepreneurship. We partner with visionary leaders to explore new services and ensure their path to commercialization is de-risked by piloting the ideas in the market with real customers.
Our team comes from different backgrounds, but we are united by the same goal: helping businesses become more entrepreneurial to better serve their customers, employees, and communities.